Please note: This 2nd edition of Understanding and Mastering The Bluebook has been superseded by the 3rd edition (August 2015), which goes with the 20th edition of The Bluebook, just released Summer 2015.
The Bluebook provides the rules for legal citation, but can be intimidating and frustrating to use. This survival manual teaches how to understand and master the essential rules for legal practitioners using a simple building block approach. Rules are fully described and illustrated using:
- Clear explanations and illustrations of the basic components of legal citations
- Step-by-step instructions for building citations to the most common authorities cited by legal practitioners
- Detailed guidance for citing legal materials to both print and electronic sources
- Examples, comparison charts, illustrations, and bullet-point explanations designed for quick mastery of basic Bluebook citation rules
- Tips, hints and cautions to help users avoid common citation errors
- Cross references to the controlling Bluebook rules
- A user-friendly format gathering The Bluebook's scattered rules for each authority into one place.
This highly accessible companion to 19th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is an indispensable tool for anyone who is new to legal citation or whose skills need refreshing.